Sunday, September 21, 2008

Fuck all other movie stars, its all about Sam Rockwell!

Photobucket

Sam Rockwell had me at "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind" and If I would have seen "Box of Moon Light" or "Lawn Dogs" before seeing "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind" I would have said the same thing about him in those two other films. I recently saw Rockwell in "Snow Angels" in which he plays Glenn, a sort of "dead-beat-dad" character, who had an alcohol problem but then seemed to recover by sobering up and becoming a born-again Christan. Glenn tries to return as the father figure to his young daughter and he also tries to show his wife, played by Kate Beckinsale, that he has changed his ways. The movie does have a whole other cast of characters that have their own, just as interesting, stories but Rockwell's portrayal of Glenn stood out to me the most.

As in "Snow Angles" and other films, Sam Rockwell brings a certain tangibility to his characters. Glenn, for instance, in the begging of the film, is apologetic and passive and the viewer, me at least, felt embarrassed for him as he would try to prove his changed ways to his family and friends.

In other words, Rockwell is (always was) all the rage in my book and he should be in others' because the guy has like 6 movies coming out soon, just check out his IMDB page:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005377/

Don't even get me started on "Choke"! I recently finished reading the Chuck Palahniuk novel that was adapted into a film that will star none other then the golden boy himself. Ah, but this is another post all together and I will write more about it after I see the movie.

No comments: